We are focused on YOU.Your advantage is our perspective.
Our value is strategic thinking—the fact that we’ve met with 1,000’s of people over the years across all stages of life. We’ve seen how their perspective, what they want and need, evolves over time. Our client’s opinions and beliefs change as they age. Meaning, at age 35 they thought they would want [fill in the blank] by age 65; yet when they get to 65 what they thought they’d want and the way they thought they’d think isn’t how they actually think…
We call this The Evolution of Thinking and it takes a higher level of thinking to integrate the dynamic reality into your plan. Our experience has taught us how to help clients plan for what they’re going to desire at a future stage of life (rather than what they currently believe they’re going to want).
Financial Planning & Wealth Management
We utilize the CFP Board’s financial planning process, complemented by with our own proprietary goals-based implementation approach. This means we are first and foremost focused on our clients and what they want. The plan can be as simple or complex as needed, and we can review and monitor as often as they’d like. In the end, it is up to the client.
The Planning Process
- Define your goals, needs, and objectives
- Define scope of the engagement
- Provide and discuss relevant personal and financial information
- Analyze and evaluate data
- Develop and present recommendations
- Implement recommendations (client decision)
- Meet 2-4 times per year to monitor and update plan
Income Protection / Disability Insurance
Life Insurance Needs & Strategies
Long-Term Care Planning
Home, Auto, & Liability Planning
How Can We Serve You?
Scroll down to read about our specialty services, as well as additional information about our firm.
Family Office Services
For an annual or quarterly fee our team coordinates and manages your financial life
(Minimum: Net worth >$10 million or AUM >$3 million).
Financial & Life Management Areas
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Investment & Risk Management
- Insurance Planning (life, home, auto, disability, long-term care, etc.)
- Estate & Legacy Planning*
- Tax Management & Planning (coordination of services)*
- Retirement & Distribution Planning
*Weise Capital Advisors does not draft legal or tax documents.
Corporate Planning & Business Services
Our team has worked with high level executives from some of the largest companies in the U.S. We have experience in structuring and analyzing executive compensation, benefit, stock option, and retention arrangements. To learn more click here.
Core Business Services
- Retirement, Insurance, and Benefits Consulting
- Non-Qualified Executive Compensation and Benefits
- Executive and Key Person Retention
- Buy-Sell and Succession Planning
- Business or Unit Valuation Consulting
- ESOP, ESPP, Phantom Stock Plans
- Cash Flow Analysis and Modeling
- Capital Structure Analysis and Planning
- Risk Management and Mitigation
If you’re interested in making the greatest impact, a charitable remainder trust or donor advised fund may be the best method. Each option provides tax benefits today with the ability to continue compounding growth on assets. This can allow for the greatest long-term impact. To learn more or watch video lessons about giving strategies click here.
How We're Compensated
Compensation is a hot topic in the financial services profession – and rightly so. For most of it’s history, the securities and insurance industries have been compensated by commissions on products sold. We believe this creates a significant conflict of interest. Hence, since 2012 we have not been affiliated with a broker-dealer and have not taken commissions on investment product sales.
Depending on the complexity of a client’s situation, we may enter into a Financial Planning Agreement in which the client will pay a fee for the financial plan and ongoing service. For Investment Management Services do not take commissions. Depending on a client’s desires and situation, we charge a fee on assets and/or enter a consulting arrangement. We have not been affiliated with a broker-dealer or taken commissions on investment products since 2011. The insurance sector works a bit differently. For better or worse, any time you purchase an insurance policy someone (the insurance agent or agency selling the policy) receives a commission. (We are hopeful the insurance sector will begin creating ‘fee only’ policies in the near future, but for now that is not the case.) For our Insurance and Risk Management Services we give the client the choice—clients may use us as their agent, in which case we do receive a commission for policies sold. Or they may choose to use us as a true “fee-only” advisor. In this case, we will recommend products and solutions based on their planning objectives, but will not take a commission on the policy.
Don’t Be Shy. Get in touch.
Our promise is to put your needs first—each and every time. Rest assured, you’ll find the experience working with us to be uniquely relevant, relaxing, and pressure free. Ask your questions or schedule an initial consult…
Who We’ve Worked With…
Our clients include a broad range of professionals and organizations. Here is a short list of some of the clients and professions we work with…
- C-Level Suite — CEO, CFO, COO, CMO
- Executive Actuaries & FRM’s
- Senior Financial Officers, Controllers, Treasurers
- Executive Design/Engineering Officers
- Medical Practice Executives
- University Leadership
- Endowment Directors
- Family Office Heads
- Interventional Radiology
- Orthopeadics (all subspecialties)
- Oncology, Radiation Oncology
- Family Practice & Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Surgery
- Nurse Practitioners
- General Dentistry
- Oral Surgery
- Small Business Owners
- Professional Investors
- Farming and Agricultural Professionals
- Oil and Gas Executives and Professionals
- Attorneys and CPAs
- Sales Executives
- Marketing, Media, and PR Executives
- Professors and Researchers